第36课:弗雷德带他的汽车修理

Lesson 36: Fred Takes his Car for Repair

以下是本课中使用的惯用语:

Here are the idiomatic phrases used in this lesson:

RDO: 一些行业的员工为了获得灵活工作时间的安排,已安排称为RDO的周中假期。

RDO: Rostered Day Off. Employees in some industries, in return for working flexible hours, have scheduled mid-week holidays called RDOs.

任何一天都适合你? 一周中的任何一天你都可以(做一个动作)吗?

Any day suit you? Are you able to (do an action) any day of the week?

像山一样古老:非常古老。

Old as the hills: very old.

像拍板一样:走得很快。

Goes like the clappers: goes very quickly.

像毛茸茸的山羊一样奔跑:运作不佳。

Running like a hairy goat: operating poorly.

RDO, Rostered Day Off.
Any day suit you?
Old as the hills.
Goes like the clappers.
Running like a hairy goat.

我很平坦:我很忙。

I'm flat out: I am very busy.

没有它,我迷失了:我真的需要它。

I'm lost without it: I really need it.

老家伙:老车。 (此外,“家伙”是鞭炮和香肠的英语语!)

Old banger: old car. (Also, "banger" is English slang for a firecracker, and a sausage!)

你没错:你是对的。

You're not wrong: you are correct.

我打赌:我认为这是真的。

I'm betting on: I think this will be true.

让我从A到B:允许我从一个地方移动到另一个地方。

Gets me from A to B: allows me to move from one place to another.

I'm flat out.
I'm lost without it.
Old banger.
You're not wrong.
I'm betting on....
Gets me from A to B.

这是对话中其他单词的列表:

Here is a list of other words in the dialogue.

problem 问题
ring 打电话
local 本地
service 维修
agent 经纪人

receptionist 接待员
help 帮助
department, 部门
putting you through. 使你通过

giving problems 给问题
book it in 预订
of course 当然
open 开门营业
good 好

can do that 可以做到
details on file 详细信息
on our system 在我们的系统上
quite 相当
be there 在那里
just after 刚过

following 以下
check in 报到
counter 案子
repair 修理
manager 经理
problem 问题

mobile 移动电话
know 知道
wrong 错误
hopefully 希望
collect 收
arrive. 到达

hot 烫
cold 冷
tell 告诉
bill 发票
business 商业
head for. 走向

这是对话。 方括号[]中的文字不是对话,而是描述正在发生的事情。 约翰读了一切。

Here is the dialogue. Text in square-brackets [ ] is not dialogue, but describes what is happening. John reads everything.

[弗雷德对他的车有问题。 他给当地的服务代理商“Fixit Motors”致敬]。

[Fred is having a problem with his car. He rings his local service agent, "Fixit Motors"].

接待员:早上好,Fixit Motors,我可以帮你吗?

Receptionist: Good morning, Fixit Motors, may I help you?

弗雷德:请问我有服务部门吗?

Fred: Could I have the Service Department, please?

接待员:让你通过。

Receptionist: Putting you through.

服务部:早上好,服务,我可以帮你吗?

Service Dept: Good morning, Service, can I help you?

弗雷德:嗨,这是弗雷德史密斯。 我的丰田卡罗拉给出了问题。 我可以预订吗?

Fred: Hi, it's Fred Smith. My Toyota Corolla is giving problems. May I book it in, please?

服务部:当然,史密斯先生。 任何一天都适合你? 我们周一到周六营业。

Service Dept: Of course, Mr Smith. Any day suit you? We're open Monday to Saturday.

弗雷德:下周二会很好,因为我有一个RDO。

Fred: Next Tuesday will be good, because I've got an RDO.

服务部:我可以做到。 我们是否有您的详细信息?

Service Dept: I can do that. Do we have your details on file?

弗雷德:是的,你这样做。 Rego是[说法规]。

Fred: yes you do. The Rego is [speaks the rego].

服务部:是的,这是我们的系统。 那是一辆很老的车。 大约1985年?

Service Dept: Yes, that's on our system. That's quite an old vehicle. About 1985?

弗雷德:1986年。它像山丘一样古老,但它非常可靠。 到现在!

Fred: 1986. It's old as the hills, but it's been very reliable. Until now!

服务部:好的,你在12日星期二预订。 我们从7开始。

Service Dept: OK, you're booked in for Tuesday the 12th. We're open from 7.

弗雷德:谢谢,我应该在7点之后到达那里。

Fred: Thanks, I should be there just after 7.

[接下来的星期二,弗雷德在服务台检查他的车]。

[The following Tuesday, Fred checks in his car at the Service Counter].

弗雷德:我让我的卡罗拉预定修理。 Rego是[说法规]。

Fred: I've got my Corolla booked in for a repair. The Rego is [speaks the rego].

服务经理:史密斯先生,问题是什么?

Service Manager: What's the problem, Mr Smith?

弗雷德:通常它就像拍板一样,但最近,它像一只毛茸茸的山羊一样运行直到它变暖。 大约5分钟后就可以了。

Fred: Normally it goes like the clappers, but lately, it runs like a hairy goat until it warms up. After 5 minutes or so it's OK.

经理:很可能是恒温器。 这是我们要检查的第一件事。 你有钥匙吗?

Manager: It's likely to be the thermostat. That's the first thing we'll check. Have you got the keys?

[弗雷德从他的钥匙圈上取下车钥匙并将它们交给他们]。

[Fred takes the car keys off his keyring and hands them over].

经理:谢谢。 我们在电脑上有你的手机号码。 一旦我们知道什么是错的,有人会给你一个戒指。

Manager: Thanks. We've got your mobile number on the computer. Someone will give you a ring once we know what's wrong.

弗雷德:你可以解决它,不是吗? 在工作中我很开心。 没有我的老手推车,我迷路了。

Fred: You can fix it, can't you? I'm flat out at work. I'm lost without my old banger to drive.

经理:当然可以。 我打赌恒温器。 希望你能在今晚收集它。 我们收于6点。

Manager: For sure. I'm betting on the thermostat. Hopefully you'll be able to collect it this evening. We close at 6.

[午后,弗雷德接到他的手机上的电话,告诉他他的车已经修好了。 他于5:30到达Fixit Motors]。

[Mid-afternoon, Fred gets a call on his mobile to tell him that his car is repaired. He arrives at Fixit Motors by 5:30].

经理:史密斯先生,这是恒温器。 这是错误的并且告诉EMU发动机很热,即使它很冷。

Manager: Mr Smith, it was the thermostat. It was faulty and telling the EMU that the engine was hot, even when it was cold.

弗雷德:好极了! 谢谢!

Fred: Great! Thank you!

经理:当我们有车辆时,我们进行了安全检查,更换了雨刷和一个刹车灯泡。 这是一辆很棒的车!

Manager: While we had the vehicle we did a safety check and replaced the wipers and one brake light bulb. It's a great car!

弗雷德:你没错! 我希望它能让我从A到B多年。 再次感谢!

Fred: You're not wrong! I hope it gets me from A to B for many more years. Thanks again!

经理:前台将有您的账单和钥匙。 谢谢你给我们你的业务。 再见!

Manager: The front counter will have your bill and the keys. Thanks for giving us your business. See you!

弗雷德[前往柜台并拉出钱包]:见!

Fred [heading for the counter and pulling out his wallet]: See you!

<< 上一个 Back

Index 指数

Next 下一步>>