第9课。工作中的新女孩。

Lesson 9. A New Girl at Work.

本课程为您提供了一些对话,一个对话。

This lesson gives you some dialogue, a conversation.

桑德拉(Sandra)正在开始一份新工作。 她正被介绍给爱丽丝,她将与她一起工作。 进行介绍的人是Betty,两位女性的主管(老板)。

Sandra is starting a new job. She is being introduced to Alice, a woman with whom she will be working. The person doing the introduction is Betty, the supervisor (boss) for both women.

桑德拉(Sandra)将在几天内开始工作。 简短的交谈,然后桑德拉向爱丽丝说再见。

Sandra will be starting work in a few days. There is a short conversation, then Sandra says goodbye to Alice.

在对话之前,这里是有关使用的一些词的信息。

Before the dialogue, here is information on some of the words used.

“唯一的”意味着爱丽丝是目前唯一从事这项工作的人。 这是指一个人或事物的一般方式。

"One and only" means Alice is the only person doing this job at the moment. This is a general way of referring to just a single person or thing.

One and only 唯一的

“用手指锻炼骨骼”意味着要努力工作。 有很多这样的英语短语,有些聪明,有些不寻常。 作为一个群体,他们被称为“英语成语”。

"To work your fingers to the bone" means to work really hard. There are many English phrases like this, some clever, some unusual. As a group, they are called "English Idiom".

To work your fingers to the bone 用手指锻炼骨骼

“完全陌生人”意味着没有看到另一个人,也不了解他们。

"Complete strangers" means not having seen another person, and not knowing anything about them.

Complete strangers 完全陌生人

“减轻负担”是指帮助某人完成工作。

"Take a load off your shoulders" means to help somebody with their work.

Take a load off your shoulders 减轻负担

“开始运行”意味着在获得新工作时立即有用。

"To hit the ground running" means to be immediately useful when given a new job.

To hit the ground running 开始运行

“一堆”意味着大量或数量的人或事物。

"A heap of" means a large quantity or number of people or things.

A heap of 一堆

这是对话中其他单词的列表:

Here is a list of other words in the dialogue:

Betty, Alice, Sandra: female names. 贝蒂,爱丽丝,桑德拉:女性名字。

like 喜欢, meet 见, new 新任, web (Internet) 电脑网,designer 设计师

this 这个, who 谁, at 当, moment时刻

keep up with 跟上, work 廨, sure 肯定

pleased 满意, share 分享, certainly 当然, start 开始

introduce 介绍, today 今天, what 何, last job 以前的就业

program 编程, encryption 加密, uploading 上载, database 数据库

very 非常, helpful 有帮助的, look forward to 期待

do 做, best 最好的东西, sorry 抱歉, can't 不能, linger 萦绕

这是对话:

Here is the dialogue:

贝蒂:爱丽丝,我希望你能见到我们新的网页设计师桑德拉。 桑德拉,这是爱丽丝,他是我们唯一的设计师。

Betty: Alice, I'd like you to meet Sandra, our new web designer. Sandra, this is Alice, who is our one and only designer at the moment.

艾丽斯:你好桑德拉。

Alice: Hello Sandra.

桑德拉(Sandra):很高兴见到你,爱丽丝。

Sandra: Pleased to meet you, Alice.

贝蒂:爱丽丝一直在努力工作以跟上我们的互联网工作。 桑迪拉,我相信她会很高兴与你分享这份工作!

Betty: Alice has been working her fingers to the bone to keep up with our Internet work. I'm sure she will be pleased to share the work with you, Sandra!

艾丽斯:我当然会!

Alice: I certainly will!

贝蒂:桑德拉将于周一开始。 我今天想把它介绍给你,这样你们两个在她开始时并不是完全陌生的人。

Betty: Sandra will be starting on Monday. I wanted to introduce her to you today, so that you two aren't complete strangers when she starts.

艾丽斯:桑德拉,你上一份工作做了什么设计?

Alice: What design did you do in your last job, Sandra?

桑德拉:我编写了加密和上传数据库的程序。

Sandra: I programmed the encryption and uploading of our databases.

爱丽丝:哦! 你会非常有帮助的! 这减轻了我的负担。 我期待你的开始,特别是如果你能够开始运转的话。

Alice: Oh! You'll be very helpful! That takes a load off my shoulders. I'll look forward to you starting, especially if you can hit the ground running.

桑德拉:我会尽我所能!

Sandra: I'll do my best!

贝蒂:对不起,我们不能流连忘返,但我还有一大堆其他工作人员让桑德拉见面。

Betty: Sorry we can't linger, but I've got a heap of other staff for Sandra to meet.

桑德拉:再见爱丽丝。 很高兴见到你。 星期一见。

Sandra: Goodbye Alice. Nice to have met you. See you on Monday.

艾丽斯:很高兴认识你! 拜拜。

Alice: Nice to have met you too! See'ya.

Back 上一个

Index 指数

Next下一步