第 149 课:弗兰克弄错了他的钱包

Lesson 149: Frank Misplaces his Wallet

Muriel and Frank are preparing to drive to the supermarket, but Frank can't find his wallet. 穆里尔和弗兰克正准备开车去超市,但弗兰克找不到他的钱包。

Here is an explanation of the idioms used in this lesson: 以下是对本课中使用的成语的解释:

"You'd forget your head if it wasn't screwed on" = you are forgetful. “如果没有拧紧你的头,你会忘记它”=你很健忘。

"A senior moment" = a moment of forgetfulness, usual with older people (= seniors). “高级时刻” = 健忘的时刻,通常是老年人(= 老年人)。

"Dear me" = a polite phrase showing sympathy, surprise, or regret. “亲爱的我” = 表示同情、惊讶或遗憾的礼貌用语。

"Damn and buggeration!" = good Australian words of annoyance. “该死的,该死的!” = 好澳大利亚人的烦恼话。

"Hot under the collar" = becoming angry. “衣领下发烫”= 生气。

"Don't get your knickers in a twist" = don't get upset. “不要让你的内衣扭曲” = 不要生气。


Here is the dialogue: 这是对话:

[Frank is fussing around the kitchen in a distracted way, looking for something.] [弗兰克心不在焉地在厨房里转来转去,寻找着什么。]


Muriel: "Are you having a senior moment, dear?" 穆里尔:“亲爱的,你有高级时刻吗?”


Frank: "Damn and buggeration! I can't find my wallet!" 弗兰克:“该死的,他妈的!我找不到我的钱包了!”


Muriel: "Dear me, this happens a lot. 穆里尔:“天啊,这种事经常发生。 You'd forget your head if it wasn't screwed on! 如果它不被拧紧,你会忘记你的头!Don't you always keep your wallet on the kitchen shelf?" 你不是一直把钱包放在厨房的架子上吗?”


Frank: "I just looked. It isn't there." 弗兰克:“我只是看了看。它不在那里。”


Muriel: "You should make a habit of putting it in one place when you get home." 穆丽尔:“你应该养成回家后把它放在一个地方的习惯。”


Frank: (irritably) "Yes, dear!" 弗兰克:(烦躁地)“是的,亲爱的!”


Muriel: "Now, don't get hot under the collar. 穆丽尔:“现在,别在衣领下面烫了。 We don't have to be at the shops at any particular time. 我们不必在任何特定时间都在商店。 Have you checked the hall table?" 你查过大厅的桌子了吗?”


Frank: "It isn't there either". 弗兰克:“它也不在那里”。


[Frank searches the pockets on his trousers, and on the trousers he wore yesterday. [弗兰克搜查他裤子的口袋,还有他昨天穿的裤子。 The same for his jackets. 他的夹克也一样。 There is no wallet.] 没有钱包。]


Muriel: "Don't get your knickers in a twist, dear. 穆丽尔:“亲爱的,别把你的内裤弄乱了。 Close your eyes and take some deep breaths. 闭上眼睛,深呼吸。You need to clear your mind." 你需要理清头绪。”


[Frank breathes deeply for a few seconds, then checks on the floor and underneath furniture, but the wallet is still hiding from them.] [Frank 深呼吸几秒钟,然后检查地板和家具底下,但钱包仍然躲着他们。]


Muriel: "You might check your credit card statement online. 穆里尔:“你可以在线查看你的信用卡账单。That will show where you were shopping last." 这将显示你最后一次购物的地点。”


Frank: "I shall if I have to." 弗兰克:“如果有必要,我会的。”


Muriel: "When was the last time you saw it?" 穆里尔:“你最后一次看到它是什么时候?”


Frank: "On the way back from the shops, when I stopped for petrol." 弗兰克:“在从商店回来的路上,我停下来加油。”


[A look of comprehension flashes across Frank's face.] [弗兰克的脸上闪过一丝理解的神情。]


Frank: "Ah, I think I know..." 弗兰克:“啊,我想我知道……”


[Frank goes outside for a couple of minutes, then returns holding his wallet!] [弗兰克 出去几分钟,然后拿着钱包回来了!]


Frank: "It had fallen down between the front seats in the car. 弗兰克:“它掉在了汽车前排座椅之间。 It's dark down there, and since the wallet's black, I didn't notice." 那里很黑,因为钱包是黑色的,所以我没有注意到。”


Muriel: "How about I buy you a nice pink one?" 穆里尔:“我给你买一件漂亮的粉红色怎么样?”


Frank: "Not even for Christmas, dear!" 弗兰克:“连圣诞节也不行,亲爱的!”


<< 上一个 Back

Index 指数

Next 下一步>>